Clinics We Offer
The work our nurses are available for includes:
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Smoking Advice
- Diet and Weight Advice
- Cervical cytology (smears)
- Contraceptive advice
- Child vaccinations
- Suture removal
- Wound management
- Assisting with surgical procedures
- Disease Management: Asthma, Diabetes, Ischaemic Heart Disease, COPD, Thyroid problems.
Health Care Assistants
These HCA support the nurses in the baby clinics and run their own healthcare clinics where they can perform phlebotomy, blood pressure monitoring, weight and height checks, diabetic foot checks, smoking cessation, ECG’s, suture removal and wound management. We also offer all new patients health screens that are performed by the HCAs.
Health Promotion Clinics
For diabetic, asthma, hypertensive and coronary artery diseases, sufferers are reviewed regularly either by the practice nurse or doctor.
The practice adheres to a policy of an active lifestyle and you may well receive advice about cigarette and alcohol consumption.
We provide all family planning services during surgery hours, including diaphragm, coil and injectable contraceptives. These are carried out by the Doctors or Practice Nurse if you prefer.
Minor surgery is carried out by the doctors, usually during the morning surgery hours with the help of the Practice Nurse.
These are given by the Practice Nurse.
- Baby Immunisations: Diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio and MMR
- Pre-School Booster: Diphtheria, tetanus and polio
- Rubella: At the age of ten years for girls
- Leaving School Booster: Diphtheria, tetanus and polio
- Tetanus Injection: Every ten years
- Flu Vaccine: Every year starting October
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: For high risk patients
Please click on the links below for translations about baby immunisations: