If your doctor is in agreement, you may obtain repeat prescriptions by written requests over the counter, by post (including a stamped addressed envelope), or e-mail via our website www.ancoramedicalpractice.nhs.uk. Please ask the receptionist for further details.
We run a computerised repeat prescription system. This provides an attached slip containing all prescribed medicines authorized for repeat prescribing by your doctor. Ordering a repeat prescription is greatly simplified by submitting information contained on this slip.
Your doctor will have authorised a certain number of repeat prescriptions. When these have been issued, your doctor will assess your need. Further repeat prescriptions may be authorised by him or you may be asked to attend the surgery for a review of your condition. Please allow 2 working days for your repeat prescription request.
You can obtain a repeat prescription by the following:
- By placing repeat prescription request form (ie the green tear off slip on the reverse of your prescription) into the repeat prescribing box in reception
- By post - please enclose s.a.e. if return postage is needed
- By asking at the front desk
- By the online prescription icon at top of this page (you must be registered for online to use this facility)
Please ensure that the items you require are requested clearly by ticking the appropriate box on the repeat request form, or if you do not have a repeat request form, please ensure that your name, address and the items you require are clearly indicated.
In order to process the large number of requests each day please note that 2 working days notice is required for repeat prescription requests.
The Schedule for ordering and collection is therefore:
- Monday - Wednesday after 2pm
- Tuesday - Thurdays after 2pm
- Wednesday - Friday after 2pm
- Thursday- Monday after 2pm
- Friday - Tuesday after 2pm
Due to the high volume of requests received by the practice each day, you should note that you will be asked to call back if you request your prescription earlier than the times indicated above.
Patients should be aware that most pharmacies can now arrange for patients' prescriptions to be collected from the practice on their behalf. To arrange this please contact your own pharmacist directly.